Sunday, February 24, 2008

Bikram Yoga

I went to my first ever Bikram yoga class yesterday afternoon. After a briefing with the instructor, Marc, I settled myself at the back of the room by the windows. I didn't want to stay somewhere in the middle where people would see me make a fool of myself and distract the others, haha!

The poses were very very challenging plus you really have to work hard against yourself not to be affected by the heat of the room! You really have to concentrate on the poses, especially your breathing. Otherwise, you'll end up passing out. A few times I felt the room spinning so I had to sit down, drink, and relax. If I didn't concentrate, hihimatayin yata ako sa init! I couldn't get some poses right, couldn't get my balance. I swear I'm not flexible! The poses were not easy as it looks at all!

More than a few times, the instructor called my attention so I would get the poses right. Eh ang hirap talaga, ang init pa! Plus half of the time I have to figure out what he was saying, with his accent and all. I'm not sure if it's Australian or Eurpoean.

I think I did good during the first class. I mean, I did my best. And my best-est to concentrate against the heat and humidity if the room. Halfway during the class I was thinking kelan ba 'to matatapos?!

After the class, you couldn't imagine how much you've sweated. There were puddles and puddles of sweat on the floor, and we were barefoot. Eeek!

Couldn't wait to go back, though! :)

The postures.

No comments: