Monday, April 7, 2008

Bacolod's Authentic Chicken Inasal

When I first went to Bacolod, I told my colleagues I have to try the "real" chicken inasal experience. So off we went to the manukan. Manukan is like a strip of chicken inasal carinderias. The place we went to was the more popular one, with pictures of celebrity customers posted on the walls.

The place had a lot of character - from the waitress who we couldn't understand, the server who we couldn't tell if we'll use "manang" or "manong", to the groovy owner, and the best menu:


The chicken and talaba were great. I just wasn't adventurous enough to try "tinae". Hehehe. How can you eat something called "tinae"? :) As the name implies, "tinae" is "isaw". :)

After dinner, we headed to Calea for the must-try desserts. Nahilo ako with the choices of cakes, cookies, brownies, etc! :) I love it!

No comments: