Saturday, November 15, 2008

Another busy busy week

The week went by like a blur with all the activities that went with it. We had super boss (Zone AOA Head - He heads Asia/Oceania/Africa region), accompanied by the regional controller and our regional manager, visit us. Of course we had to plan his itinerary - from the business review, trade visits, etc. And of course, let him taste good food!

Tuesday we took him to Abe at Serendra. It was my first time to actually eat there. (On my previous attempts we couldn't stand the waiting and the noisy crowd.) I loved the spicy adobo, lengua, and sinigang sa miso. The adobong pusit was good, too! Kare-kare was so-so and the ube should really be eaten with the macapuno. Otherwise, parang walang lasa. Wasn't asble to taste try the suman as we were soo full. I wasn't able to take photos as well since the bosses were there, hehe.

Day 2 lunch was at Crustacea, Powerplant. We just crossed the street from the office since the day was packed. As usual, the pomelo salad and the crabs were heavenly!

These are actually left-overs already!


We were still so full from the lunch so we pushed dinner til around 830pm already. We had buffet at Spiral at Sofitel Hotel. Definitely the best buffet in Manila! I'm trying to watch what I eat and cut down on meat and sweets (so I'll have a healthy pregnancy) but I just can't resist the Peking duck and the chocolate chip cookies!


Yes, I know that's a heap on my plate but I don't care - super yummy kasi! :) At least I have an excuse - buntis ako! :)

Day 3 was spent at EDSA Shangri-la for a convention where we were the major sponsor. I can't stand to eat at another buffet (Heat)) so I passed up on this one and excused myself. Instead, I took the field staff to Megamall for lunch. After lunch, my officemate and I went to the baby section of the department store. I ended up buying baby stuff! :) It's my first time to actually shop for Baby, I was excited. I bought some basic newborn white shirts and pants/shorts, mittens, booties, towels, onesies and frogsuit. They're so cute! I bought matching sets for Baby.

I also took a look at the cribs. It's cheaper to buy from US or even online plus they have limited styles. I already made a list of stuff that Ramil should get from the US and have it shipped here. I'm really excited preparing for Baby's arrival, even if it's still 4 months to go. :)

What I think I should buy soon are new sets of underwear and some maternity clothes. My tummy is getting bigger! And if I don't watch what I eat, tataba na ako. :(

No comments: